I have been sewing!!!! Always, no matter what I have on my plate, I am sewing! What a marvelous hobby sewing is! You get to relieve all the stresses of everyday life and in the end you get a wearable work of art! This week I made a much needed pair of pants that I have been meaning to get to for 2 months now!!!!!! It is freezing over here so pants were a must! If you are going to make a new pair of pants than of course, you need a new blouse to go with it!!!!! So I made that too.
The pants were made from this Burdastyle pattern that I made some alterations to. The original pattern has a front fly closure and side seam pockets. I decided that I wanted pants with a side closure and front patch pockets, so I did that. I used the pattern almost exactly. Where the front fly was, I just traced the center front line all the way up, eliminating the fly. I sewed up all of my pieces and left the left side unsewn for a lapped zipper. With this pattern you have to draft the waistband yourself any ways so I drafted it to be closed on the side. I used 2 cute snaps for the job. My buttonholer is not working, but the snaps were cuter anyway. I drafted the patch pockets myself, and am very happy with the way they came out.
The blouse is New Look, 6937. I picked this up this weekend and even though the neckline is a bit tricky, it was really easy to make. I made a size 10, because I didn't want it to be so big! Like I said, the neckline, which is a tunic style was a bit tricky, but I vow to find an easier way to do it because I really like this top. I am on a hunt for blouses with no closures, because of laziness and because of above mentioned button whole problem.
Here are my snaps!! Please excuse this pic of my uncut threads, bad seamstress! I get my snaps through snapsource. They have an amazing selection, great prices, and excellent customer service, which is so important! They also sell their own snap setting tool, which is a good tool to have. And below is a close up of my pocket!