e This Code:

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Costumes, exhausted.......


Here is the final costume idea for Halloween. I hope this gives you all enough time to sew this up! This is an easy costume and the jumpsuit is super cute!!! You can sew up this Burdastyle jumpsuit in a navy blue poplin or twill. Throw on a red bandanna and voila!!!! Don't forget your red lipstick and make sure you flex your muscles at every given chance!!!!



In other news, I can't wait to get back to regularly scheduled sewing!!! I have been sewing for Halloween for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting antsy!!!! My sons costumes were pretty easy, I almost feel guilty. The one giving me a bit of work is my daughters, of course! So much tulle and netting! ugh!!! I love the look and effect of these fabrics but the handling of them is just awful!!! It's like sewing through clouds!!!!!!It gets away from you so easily. I have yet to start on my own costume, I have the fabric sitting there yelling at me. My costume is going to be a last minute sprint to the finish line in true Lucha Lovely fashion! I would rock on Project Runway, because I am a last minute rock star!! I really try to do things with plenty of time to get them done right but sometimes things just don't work out that way. After Halloween I am going to start back on my wardrobe immediately!!!! For November I have a lot on deck. I would like to make a coat since the cold weather has finally come to visit us in Colorado. I love love love this Modcloth coat pictured below. You know how I feel about leopard and red, divine!!! I have never made a coat before but I feel that I could take it on without pulling out all of my hair. I also need some more pants and will be doing a tutorial on those!!! I also would like to get some dresses done for thanksgiving and my anniversary as well. I know it sounds like a lot but I know I can do it!!!! So look out for an exciting month of November and make sure to check out my Halloween post on Nov.1st with all the pics of our trick or treating adventures!!!

Besos!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucha, hope you sew something lovely to move away from all that Halloween saga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House of Pinheiro- thank you, I hope I can get back on the wagon soon and sew up something nice, halloween always takes so much out of me!
    Miss Lindy Lee- isn't it fabulous?! I would love to make one, but I would have to find the perfect fabrics to do it justice!

    ReplyDelete