e This Code:

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Work in Progress

Well here is my sloper in progress, this is the first close muslin I've gotten. There are still some fit issues but at least it is not so far off as the first few drafts were!

Please excuse the horrible pics, there really is no way to photograph this well!

Here are the paper drafts of the above sloper with seam allowances drawn in. I still would like to refine the fit a tiny bit and then put it to the real test and actually use it to design an actual wearable garment. When I first started sewing I used to draft my own patterns all of the time! They were simple garments with little design detail. My husband and I got married in a courthouse wedding and I made my own dress, a simple sheath, with my own pattern. Since I became more comfortable using big company patterns however, I got more and more afraid of drafting anything. With this whole sloper experiment, I am trying to get get my footing back. I have also been doing regular sewing all along as well. I made not only my date night LBD, but a fully lined jacket, and 4 more dresses, in the last 2 weeks alone. To say that I have been busy is an understatement. I will however see this project through to fruition! I still would like to get the skirt portion of my sloper, which should not be as hard as the bodice, done.  At the same time, I will take it slow and do this step by step and try to learn to do it well.  Pattern drafting is on my new years resolution list!

Well now, it is time for me to get back to prepping my turkey for tomorrows impending feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment